Des Peres, MO
Brooksource looking for a Data Analyst for our Fortune 50 Telecommunications client in the Des Peres area. You will join our clients Data Operations group within their Media/Marketing/Advertising division. In this role, you will help manage their data partners requests by responding to daily questions, work with analysts and developers to manage workload, use SQL to update, modify, and write queries and ensure data quality. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of professional experience, possesses and go-getter attitude, and has the confidence to communicate with upper level management. You will contribute to our clients success by ensuring Sales/Marketing/Advertising needs and goals are realized through analysis and reporting activities.
- 3-5 years' experience with SQL (analysis, creating tables/views, writing SQL queries, data validation and data quality)
- 3-5 year's experience in an enterprise environment
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and software methodologies in a Kanban and Agile environment
- Exceptionally strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Nice to have :
- Experience with Experience with ETL tools/methodologies/languages (Python, SSIS, Oracle, Teradata, Safe Agile, Data Warehousing)
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience with reporting tools ( Tableau)
Soft Skills Needed:
- Eager to learn knew skills and technologies
- Leadership capabilities
- Attention to detail to ensure all objects work together for the application to function properly
- Ability to make recommendations and value added decisions
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Must work well with others and promote a positive Team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Data related field
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders/customers
- Extract and analyze data sets from various data sources (Teradata, Oracle, Snowflake, SQL Server)
- Gather data into meaningful insight for internal or external stakeholders
- Respond to daily emails from data partners in a business professional manner
- Coordinate weekly conference calls
- Log and track tickets with IT
- Work with analysts and developers to manage the workload
- Use SQL for data validation, research and ensure data quality
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU …?
- Ability to grow within an industry leading Telecom company working within a media/marketing/advertising organization
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies
- Opportunity to directly impact customers
- Collaborative team environment
- Exposure to cross-functional teams and leadership.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.