Medline has an opening for a Data Architect/Data Modeler on our IS Sales and Marketing team. This is a database engineering and architecting role. You will lead our data management efforts as part of the team focused on the implementation of a new Sales Performance Management (SPM) system. Significant data consolidation and management will drive this initiative so that SPM receives clean and concise data to drive against its business rules. This position will work out of the Mundelein office.
The Data Architect/ Data Modeler translates business requirements into the appropriate data models that drive logical data warehouse designs. This individual will work closely with senior members of the Architecture and Sales Performance team to define, document, and apply business rules to sales compensation data. Will be responsible for defining data requirements, designing, and creating logical and physical data models. Will also assist as needed in the design and development of data integration standards, policies, procedures, and metadata to ensure accuracy, quality, integrity, and optimization of this information.
- Identify the best fit data solution and tool to solve complex data modeling and integration challenges.
- Work with business and technical team to design and implement data solutions. This includes responsibility for the method and processes used to translate business needs into functional and technical specifications
- Development of logical data models and physical data base designs applied across multiple environments.
- Define and implement best practices for design patterns, data governance, data consolidation and management.
- Design and implement data models related to the Sales Compensation Transformation program.
- Responsible for creating and updating process flows, architectural diagrams, configuration docs, functional specs.
- Work with business analysts and subject matter experts to implement and expose the data for reports and analytics.
- Coordinate with team leads to implement viable solutions to support the business requirements including the processing of retro, current and future data.
- Understand and have experience in data optimization techniques such as in-memory cache, data partitioning, snapshots and working with time series data.
- Define and maintain ER diagrams, meta-data model and other database assets as required.
- Work within the organizations defined SDLC.
- Facilitate design meetings, prepare and give presentations on data model designs to users, leadership and architects.
- Follows and helps to establish development standards.
- Create and deliver documentation related to the IS Sales Compensation data workspace.
- Recommend and implement integration with a third party system.
- Advise Data Engineer, providing guidance and resources for their development. Perform spot checks to monitor progress and work quality.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times. Consistently able to interact professionally and work productively with all levels of employees.
- Follows Client’s Code of Ethics and other corporate policies.
- 5-10 years of experience in data modeling, database operations including performance optimization and large data processing.
- 5-10 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and implementing data models in a cloud based architecture, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent knowledge and proven skills of designing tables such as fact, snapshot and dimension (including but not limited to slowly changing dimension designs).
- Ability to test and document end-to-end processes.
- Experience with a data modeling tool, such as Toad Data Modeler, is a plus.
- Proven experience with Talend or similar ETL tool.
- Minimum 5 years in consulting or similar analyst position implementing Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL for performing data analysis and performance tuning.
- Excellent knowledge of developing stored procedures, triggers, views and key database assets.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Excellent communication and data analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio) software.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Experience with agile methodology is a plus.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.