Architecture Senior Advisor – Data Design
Our Fortune 12 Health Services organization is focused on supporting all customer healthcare and pharmacy-related information. Attention to the execution of a strategic vision for enterprise data design, and the delivery of carefully detailed architecture and analytics, strengthens our journey to become one of the most customer centric companies in the world.
The Health Services Data Design and Metadata Management team is hiring an Architecture Senior Advisor to work across all projects. The work involves understanding and driving data design best practices, including data modeling, mapping, and analysis, and helping others to apply them across strategic data assets. The data models are wide-ranging and must include the appropriate metadata to support and improve our data intelligence. Data design centers around standard health care data (eligibility, claim, clinical, and provider data) across structured and unstructured data platforms.
- Perform data analysis, data modeling, and data mapping following industry and data design standards for analytics/data warehouses and operational data stores across various DBMS types, including Teradata, Oracle, Cloud, and Hadoop data lake.
- Perform data analysis, profiling and validation, contributing to data quality efforts to understand data characteristics and ensure data correctness/condition for use.
- Participate in and coordinate data model metadata development processes to support ongoing development efforts (data dictionary, NSM, and FET files), maintenance of data model/data mapping metadata, and linking of our data design metadata to business terms, data models, mapping documents, ETL jobs, and data model governance operations (policies, standards, best practices).
- Facilitate and actively participate in data model/data mapping reviews and audits, fostering collaborative working relationships and partnerships with multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and training as needed in data modeling, data lineage, ddl code, and the associated toolsets (erwin Data Modeler, erwin Web Portal, erwin model mart, Erwin Data Intelligence Suite, Alation).
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and maintenance of Evernorth data design standards and best practices involving data modeling, data mapping, and metadata capture including data sensitivity, data quality rules, and reference data usage.
- Develop and facilitate strong partnerships and working relationships with Data Governance, delivery, and other data partners.
- Continuously improve operational processes for data design metadata management for global and strategic data. Interact with Business stakeholders and IT in defining and managing data design. Coordination, collaboration, and innovation with Solution Verticals, Data Lake teams, IT & Business Portfolios to ensure alignment of data design metadata and related information with ongoing programs (cyber risk and security) and development efforts.
Ideal Candidates Will Offer:
- 10+ years’ experience with data modeling (logical/physical data model, canonical structures, etc.) and SQL code; Subject matter expertise level experience preferred
- Understanding of data integration and transformation and ELT technologies for data lineage
- Experience with Big data, data lake, structured, unstructured, domestic and global data
- Experience executing data model/data lineage governance across business and technical data
- Experience utilizing data model/lineage/mapping/analysis management tools for business, technical and operational metadata (erwin Data Modeler, erwin Web Portal, Erwin Model Mart, erwin Data Intelligence Suite, Alation)
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Git, etc.)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.