Brooksource is hiring a Data Center Engineer to join a team in the NW Chicago Suburbs. The Data Center Engineer will be responsible for the racking, stacking, cabling, and labeling of equipment within a Data Center. This may include the installation of wiring, maintenance, and management of the lab and automation room.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoot all Data Center cabling and infrastructure and test environment equipment
- Maintaining hardware related output queues (incident, service request, change)
- Basic and in-depth troubleshooting (incident management) of hardware related problems
- Ensure all equipment is labeled in compliance with DCM standards
- Troubleshoot physical layer issues, identify the root cause and determine ownership of problems
- Monitors proactively the network for problem resolution, including assisting other members of team and key vendors in resolving network related problems
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Network Management or related field
- 1+ years of experience within a Data Center
- Experience with server racking, cabling, and labeling
- Experience with cable tracing and connectivity troubleshooting
- Experience with network configuration
- Great attitude and ability to provide exceptional customer service
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.