Our client is looking to add to their Data Center team to in a contract capacity within their operations center. Data Center Technicians at our client monitor and support physical facilities conditions, various hardware and software systems. Some of these tasks include hardware and server deployment, replacement, and troubleshooting as well as preventative checks, maintenance, and services on all Data Center network infrastructure.
This role acts as the front line when it comes to hands-on electrical and mechanical
equipment troubleshooting. You will maintain, monitor, operate, and
troubleshoot mission-critical data center facility equipment.
Below are a few bullets to the qualifications needed!
· Associate’s degree, trade school certification or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field.
· 4+ years of on-site support experience in Networking/Data Center
· Experience with routers, switches, racking and stacking
· Data center break/fix experience
· Ability to lift and move 50 lbs of equipment; work on platforms, ladders and under raised floors.
· Ability to work non-standard hours.
· Experience in a data center, hospital or power plant environments.
· Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment
· Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems.
· Track and trend operational characteristics.
· Manage all emergency/scheduled maintenance activities within the data center
· On-site verification of hardware within the data center
· On-site troubleshooting of hardware within the data center
· On-site replacement of hardware within the data center
Why would I want to work there?
· Our client is consistently recognized as a leader in the healthcare and research
space. This organization also ranks at the top in the state in work life
balance as well as an emphasis in internal growth and professional development.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.