Designs and implements software & support solutions as a member of an agile squad. Software in scope are 3rd party software applications which support finance and regulatory reporting business functions. Technical support functions include ETL, file transfer services, job scheduling, multiple environment support, data quality, upgrades, incident & problem resolution, etc. Being assigned to an agile squad means this role also participates in all agile ceremonies driving activities from design to delivery. Follows best practices and standards and participates in communities of practice to continuously refine and document these standards, following any required compliance & governance requirements.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical knowledge, leadership and collaboration as an ETL developer & designer
- Develop and maintain data transfer jobs & schedulers, as required, including to identify & execute opportunities to automate
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and writing maintainable, supportable, and testable code
- Assist with problem resolution for end users and customers, including incident & problem management
- Support both application and environment upgrades, new implementations & patches, as required.
- Develop software meeting code quality standards and metrics
- Participate in communities of practice by contributing to and following standards, test driven development, reviewing others code, and sharing knowledge
- Maintain effective partnerships with operations and engineering teams to drive service improvement
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice
- Contribute to the definition of operational procedures for software development
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming Languages
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecyle
- Strong SQL Skills
- Familiarity with data warehouse architecture techniques like EDW, ODS, etc
- Demonstrated practice for scripting languages, like Python, Powershell
- Strong Windows Server Experience and/or Application Support Experience. .Net application experience a plus.
- Prior experience with knowledge of Git and GitHub is a plus
- Understanding of Software Development Methodologies
- Understanding of security best practices
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.