Job Title: Data Engineer
Job Location: REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
Job Description: As a Data Engineer, you will be working cross-functionally with fellow members of the analytics team, members of the business and engineering teams to work on our client’s Data Warehouse model and Analytics platform. You will join the team that has been developing a sound data foundation and processes that will scale with the company’s growth. Our client is looking for someone familiar with custom API development, utilizing Python, as it pertains to data integrations. You will assist with designing, implementing data pipelines for enabling insights from our Product, Corporate Systems and any external acquisitions for key partners and decision makers. You will also build and maintain the data ingestion pipeline to keep the metrics flowing into this platform.
This is a fun role for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems and can also look beyond immediate issues. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft and want to be part of creating and defining the teams operating model and contribution to the company. They will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at our client. If this role has your name written all over it, please contact us with a resume so that we explore further.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Main responsibilities will center around custom Python development for API data integrations.
- Collaborating with the team to best understand goals/vision and executing
- Enhancing and maintaining clients data
- Developing ETL packages as needed.
- Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA.
- Partner with fellow Data Engineers, Data architects, domain experts, data analysts and other teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Assist in building out Azure Data competency within the analytics team and throughout the organization.
- 5+ years’ work experience with Microsoft BI – SQL, T-SQL, ETL Packages
- Very strong experience in custom Python development – as it pertains to API Integrations
- Programming experience with tools (Azure Data Factory, SSIS preferred)
- Problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills with ability to make sound complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
- Experience in an Azure Data environment
(Education Required) – Bachelor’s degree in computer science field or equivalent experience.
(Certification Required) – None Required.
(Location) – Remote
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a deep understanding of the timeline and move you through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full visibility.
- Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.