Data Science Advisor
Remote, Long-Term Contract
As a Data Science Advisor for Brooksource, you will be joining a collaborative team environment acting as the predictive and prescriptive model development SME within our health insurance portfolio. Your responsibilities will include engaging in all aspects of the model development life cycle, from business understanding and data preparation through modeling, evaluation, and deployment planning. A key component of the job will be translating and advising leaders on a current, implementation roadmap, in addition to developing models and wrangling data.
The position requires interfacing extensively with end users, peers, and other Business/Information Technology personnel for the resolution or escalation of all technically related business cases. Your background within Data Science and data tools will allow you to assist the client in executing on roadmaps for implementing data technologies.
If you are looking for an opportunity to further build your professional services and consultative acumen within the data space, keep reading and apply!
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
· 2+ years of data science experience (advanced skills).
· Understanding of ETL, data warehousing, and advanced data modeling tools (e.g., R, Python, SAS, Spark, AWS).
· Solid Python coding skills.
· Tableau data visualization experience, bonus.
· Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline, healthcare administration, business, information technologies or a related field.
· In-depth knowledge of statistics, probability, and machine learning with demonstrated professional experience.
· First-hand experience advising clients on roadmap implementation and technical tool selection.
· Experience creating and delivering predictive models in a production environment
· Experience working closely with cross-functional teams and the ability to work on complex issues and influence stakeholders to drive consensus.
· Ability to recognize the problem statement and recommend appropriate advanced analytic solutions.
· Ability to clearly articulate data & data findings to others with different levels of data expertise
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to ensure data integrity.
· Ability to be productive with minimal oversight.
Company Info and perks:
The largest provider of healthcare benefits in Alabama, our client covers more than 3 million people and employs more than 3,000. With flex hours, on-site cafeteria, wellness center and gym, you expect a stable, motivational environment. If you’re looking for training, education, and mentorship-level support; stability in your career; and exposure to core technologies to give your skillset a backbone, this opportunity is for you!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.