Hypersonic Missile Defense Data Scientist
Location: Huntsville, AL
Our Huntsville Federal client is seeking a Data Scientist for its growing Hypersonics business area. With current activities providing support to defense, space, cyber and commercial fields; our client's mission is to provide exceptional services/products to meet our customers’ needs. The right person for this role will support the design and implementation of ML/AI applications to solve problems unique to hypersonic missile defense within a cloud-based digital engineering architecture. Efforts will also focus on integrating ML/AI applications with CI/CD pipeline and DevSecOps best practices.
You will be expected to leverage the very latest machine learning and AI technologies to analyze large, complex data sets, produce predictive models based on historical data and analysis, and develop effective visualizations to highlight key data findings and patterns.
This Data Scientist will support the customer in Huntsville Alabama. The majority of work will be performed in a hybrid at-home/in-office environment, but may also include time at Government facilities, integration laboratories, and hypersonic test facilities.
- MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Math, or Science from an ABET accredited school
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience with the design, development, and testing of ML/AI applications and processes
- Experience with software development with an ML/AI toolset focus – Python, C#, Web services/REST APIs
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models)
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics)
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication abilities
- Software development experience related to design, integration, simulation, test, and analysis of missile systems
- Resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the North Alabama area.
- This role requires all candidates to be US Citizens
- Required to have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Clearance
- Experience with C3.AI applications/toolsets
- Experience with scalable ML (MapReduce, streaming)
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency Ground Test or Flight Test Data
- Organizational skills to oversee development of test and analysis plans, data reduction and analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
- Ability to generate design documentation and presentation material
- Able to contribute technical expertise throughout the system lifecycle including design, integration, test, and deployment
- Organizational and interpersonal skills to design, develop, integrate, and test ML/AI capabilities as part of a larger team
- Experience with On-line Collaboration tools (e.g., TEAMS, Sharepoint, Zoom)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.