Sr. BI Developer
Mountain Brook/Homewood, Alabama
Our insurance client is seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to join their Enterprise Data Services team to assist with data integration work due to a large, recent acquisition. You will work alongside a team of other developers in the Enterprise Data Operations area of the EDS org to ensure data quality, perform integration work, troubleshoot escalated data-related issues, validate data and manage data; and you will act as a team player with the rest of this Agile organization. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a highly visible team that’s growing exponentially.
The right person will have expert-level SQL and T-SQL experience, as well as exposure to the Microsoft BI Stack: SSIS, SSRS and/or SSAS. The ideal candidate will have been in a Data Operations and Data Support role previously, but this is not a requirement.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years as a Business Intelligence Developer (ETL, SSIS/SSRS, SQL)
· Experience in an Agile environment
· Experience developing in a project where data integration or data conversion is happening
· Ability to work comfortably with others. This is NOT a heads-down role where you will not have to work as a team.
· Team player attitude and high levels of emotional intelligence
· Highly visible project across the organization, outside of just technology
· Constant challenge and change with a ton of team/organizational support
· Continued learning and technology training opportunities
· Accessible, approachable leadership within the EDS org
· On-site café, coffee shop, 9-4 required work hours, option for work-from-home, free parking
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.