Must be located in one of following locations: OH, CA, TX, GA
As the Database Administrator (DBA) with this digitally native automotive parts distributor you will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of all databases. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in the planning and troubleshooting of databases. In this role you’ll get the opportunity to work on one of the largest projects in company history that involves the transformation of all core systems. If this sounds like something you would be interested in keep reading!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with batch scripting languages (such as PowerShell on Windows or Bash for Linux)
- 4+ years of experience administering, managing and tuning databases, preferably covering both MySQL and MS SQL
- Strong understanding of data and schema standards/concepts, database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience implementing and supporting AWS AuroraDB/GCP CloudSQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in tandem with critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Implement multi-master, master/slave replication, high availability and sharing of MySQL or MS SQL, including testing and debugging.
- Manage MySQL/MariaDB on CentOS Linux and Microsoft SQL Server
- Deploy, maintain and optimize Memcached
- Write and deploy SQL patches and assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Manage Backups of MySQL and MS SQL
- Help maintain a strong security posture throughout the enterprise
- Troubleshoot complex Database performance, stability, and structural issues, escalating issues when necessary.
- Design and implement business processes into functional and efficient code
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Aid the development team in conceptualizing code and infrastructure improvements and optimizations that will enhance user experience
- Document systems and processes, track and document ongoing changes
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunity to work for a Fortune 1000 company
- Working on one of the largest projects in company history
- Direct exposure to C-level team members
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.