What is the specific title of the position? Database Consultant.
PROJECT: CareData Platform Data Curation, focusing on Mapping, Quality and Transformations. Please review job description for more specific project information.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: It would be great to have someone well versed in healthcare data from the provider side: encompassing patient, practice and program management.
TOP REQUIREMENTS: Data Architecture, Data Analysis, and Business Analysis.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Provider Healthcare Data plus Data Architecture and Analysis.
LOCATION: Open to fully remote or in office once COVID restrictions are lifted.
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
a. How many rounds? 2
b. Video vs. phone? video
c. How technical will the interviews be? Moderately technical
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team? part of a team
If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)The mapping team is generally between 5 and 10 people
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
Create Avro schemas mapping source to target, define quality rules and transformations, create extract sample data from sources to validate and compare, help with dimensional potential issues with messaging to at rest using streaming to FHIR and and relational at rest models and structures
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
Staff required to support OptumCare CareData Platform Azure data platform project. Project is funded through Optum Care Strategic Platform and has been allocated funding through 2020 2+10.
OptumCare Strategic Platform (OCSP) will create the capabilities and systems to support future membership growth volumes ultimately contributing to incremental IOI within organic business growth global risk membership. The cloud-based Data solution will allow CDOs to focus on growing membership and away from managing IT infrastructure and related efforts. Savings / cost avoidance will come from multiple sources:
Reduction CDO Data Warehouse software licensing and infrastructure cost
Reduction in growth of CDO staff related to aggregation and reporting of data
Reduction in effort associated with “one-off” data requests to CDO staff
Elimination of major CDO specific data warehouse refactoring or modernization projects
CareData Platform is a Microsoft Azure commercial cloud based data platform. We are building the technology and data platform to enable OptumCare to pursue complementary strategies of developing local market focused value based care arrangements and driving the quadruple aim at a national level. The CareData Platform will enable CDOs to easily manage their own data while also providing a mechanism to allow for enterprise-wide aggregation and normalization of data.
• Maintain, improve, clean, and manipulate data in the business’s operational and analytics databases
• Design and deploy data platforms across multiple domains ensuring operability
• Transform data for meaningful analyses
• Improve data efficiency, reliability and quality
• Create data enrichment
• Build high performance
• Ensure data integrity
• Create and manage data stores at scale
• Ensure data governance – security, quality, access and compliance
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• BS/BA or equivalent experience
• experience designing, coding and supporting distributed, data intensive systems at scale
• experience with relational database delivery
• experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• experience in Agile Delivery
• Hands-on experience with ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, Datastage, etc)
• Experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, mysql, etc)
• Experience with programming languages (Pythong, Java, Go, scala, etc)
Experience with Business Analysis, Data Analysis, and process automation
• Development experience with BIG Data technology stack (e.g. Hadoop, MapR, Talend, PIG Scripting, HBase, HIVE, SPARK); Relational databases; and Test automation in Linux/Windows environments
• Experience in DevOps Automation tools (Oozie, Python, etc)
• Experience in delivering Data Platforms
• Hands-on experience in full automated testing framework (unit & integration),cucumber, spock, Go unit test, Junit
• Hands-on experience of big data and streaming frameworks – kafka , Hadoop, Hive, spark, HDFS
• Hands-on experience on using PAAS like – Kubernetes, Openshift
• Hands-on experience on working on CICD platform and monitoring – namely Github, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
• Experience and working exposure in cloud environment, preferably Azure
• Excellent communication skills with ability to describe data/capability stories and explain value to customers
What are the work hours? normal 8-5 with flexibility
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.