Job Title: Database Engineer
Location: Louisville, KY
Job Description: Brooksource in Louisville, KY is seeking a Database Engineer for a Fortune 50 client in the healthcare industry. You would be working with one of our best client relationships in a fast paced, high energy agile environment within the clients Healthcare Quality Reporting and Improvement team. This team is responsible reviewing a large number of claims between state contracts and CMS to ensure accuracy.
We are seeking a Database Engineer that has strong SQL skills and ideally some exposure to distributed or relational databases. This role will require you to understand relational maps and how to optimize queries and databases. This group is in the process of moving to a cloud platform so any exposure public cloud as well as Python is nice to have. There will eventually also be some data visualization involved and this will primarily be down with Power BI. This BI tool is not a requirement for this role. The position moves at a very fast pace and this groups works with massive data sets. This candidate will need to adapt quickly and be comfortable pivoting work throughout the day based on customer demand.
• High level understanding of SQL
• Distributed and/or relational database exposure
• Comfortable working in a team environment with other developers
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Power BI
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
• Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a deep understanding of the timeline and move you through the interview process faster.
• Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full visibility.
• Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.