DataStage ETL Developer
Contract to Hire
Location: Cincinnati, OH
The ETL Developer designs and builds platforms, tools, and solutions that help the bank manage, secure, and generate value from its data. The person in this role creates scalable and reusable solutions for gathering, collecting, storing, processing, and serving data on both small and very large (i.e. Big Data) scales. These solutions can include on-premise and cloud-based data platforms, and solutions in any of the following domains ETL, business intelligence, analytics, persistence (relational, NoSQL, data lakes), search, messaging, data warehousing, stream processing, and machine learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for design, Development, and Support of data solutions, APIs, tools, and processes to enable rapid delivery of business capabilities.
- Conduct research and Development based on current trends and technologies related to the banking industry, data engineering and architecture, data security, and related topics.
- Work with developers to Build CI/CD pipelines, Self-service Build tools, and automated deployment processes.
- Plan and work on internal projects as needed, including legacy system replacement, Monitoring and analytics improvements, tool Development, and technical documentation.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to management, business and IT sponsors, and technical resources in language that is appropriate for each group.
- Fundamental understanding of distributed computing principles
- Knowledge of application and data security concepts, best practices, and common vulnerabilities.
- Conceptual understanding of one or more of the following disciplines preferred big data technologies and distributions, metadata management products, commercial ETL tools, Bi and reporting tools, messaging systems, data warehousing, Java (language and run time environment), major version control systems, continuous integration/delivery tools, infrastructure automation and virtualization tools, major cloud, or rest API design and development.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.