Desktop Support Technician
Contract to Hire
One of our clients, a leading hospital system in Birmingham, is looking to bring on a Desktop Support Technician to manage and service a large scale of endpoint devices such as desktops, laptops and VDI devices. You will participate in the recommendation, ordering, and testing of future software/hardware to increase productivity. The ideal candidate must be able to understand and implement endpoint user controls for many devices using group policies and be proficient in several management consoles essential for desktop trouble shooting and management.
We are looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated, organized, able to multi-task and able to work in a fast paced IT environment. Being on-call periodically and assisting with mid to major go-lives and system upgrades after regular business hours will be required. You will have the opportunity to get your foot in the door with a highly respected healthcare system!
- Ensure that trouble tickets are handled in a timely manner
- Requests for additional networking services are handled in a timely manner and by the project due date
- Follow proper and timely escalation procedures in the event resolution of issue beyond one’s scope of work
- Upgrades/enhancements are fully tested and applied on a scheduled basis
- Documentation is created and maintained on a regular basis
- Vendors are notified in a timely manner on network/software related issues
- Participation in the on-call rotation
- 1+ years of experience with Personal Computers in a networked environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office troubleshooting
- Experience with Remote Desktop Tools
- Experience with PC refreshes, deploying new IT equipment, creating images, installing software packages, maintaining computer networks, and migrating network printers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory services, Windows 10 operating systems, Windows servers, encryption products, and standard networking protocols (including TCP/IP and Ethernet)
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent certification is preferred
- Must be able and willing to work Overtime hours as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25+ pounds.
- Active Directory
- Wishlist Certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- CompTIA A+ Certification
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.