Remote/Grand Rapids, MI
$120,000 – $160,000 (DOE)
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team, you’ll be tasked with setting up a mechanism for defining and rolling out enterprise standards for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Software Configuration Management (SCM) and for coordinating efforts to drive a consistent and appropriate use of automated testing and deployment across the enterprise.
You’ll partner with internal product groups and development teams to develop technical design and processes for the automation of software development, release and deployment using a CI/CD platform and management of GCP cloud infrastructure for dev, test and production environments. This role will be a champion for DevOps, bringing consistency and best practices in our approach, tools, and standards, and ensuring that DevOps strategy is implemented at every stage of the end-to-end development.
We need someone with a high degree of collaboration with Development, Product, Engineering, and Architecture teams to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process. You will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
What you’ll do as a DevOps CI CD Architect:
- Setup, maintenance and ongoing development of continuous build/ integration infrastructure.
- Supporting CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance.
- Training and supporting developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Provide thought leadership on architecture and technology matters; ensuring that technology work is aligned to long-term strategic business interests with CI/CD and SCM.
- Provide leadership for a Center For Enablement (C4E) group to drive the creation of good governance and standards for CI/CD and SCM across all core technology platforms.
- Strategically balance diverse objectives for CI/CD and SCM to ensure the appropriate level of value, risk, and engineering autonomy.
- Ensure CI/CD and SCM practices are appropriately factoring in non-functional requirements (resiliency, security, code quality, etc.).
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team (EA) to drive value-centric buy vs. build considerations when evolving the CI/CD tool chain.
- Work closely with EA, Centralized Application Development and Quality Assurance to help define standards for automated testing and where to prioritize automated testing.
- Ability to work closely with development teams to solve complex solution challenges, drive code modernization, governance, and cloud transformation efforts.
- Advocate technical architecture and build consensus for the adoption of new technologies across multiple functional teams.
- Evangelize and champion designs during review processes with the Architecture community.
- Arrange rollout and promote standard methodologies, generate passion for adoption.
- Monitor and measure your impact through well-defined critical metrics.
- Present technical concepts & solutions to internal and external audiences, and upper management Develop and promote best practices for security.
- Stay up to date on new security tools & techniques, and act as driver of innovation and process maturity.
- Content management and issue tracking (Atlassian tool suite).
- Interact with customers to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage solution requirements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience in IT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and/or high school diploma/GED.
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts.
- Proven track record to collaborate with a broad range of technical partners; successful in providing leadership and delivering on outcomes in a large enterprise environment.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an “Agile” environment.
- Foundational understanding of both current and legacy technologies in areas like application platforms (e.g., cloud platforms, legacy platforms), CI/CD tooling and practices, integration patterns and automated testing.
- Pragmatic judgement, able to know when to trade off short and long-term gains and help guide partners through these decisions while coaching them on the implications.
- Confirmed passion for automation; proficient and determined to find ways to automate and streamline processes and practices.
- Hands-on experience with automated deployment of resources, Serverless deployments, Kubernetes clusters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence.
- High organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Nice to Have Experience:
- DevOps, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Tomcat and Cloud experience.
- DAST methodology experience preferred.
- Expertise of source code control management systems and configuration management (Git preferred).
- Expertise with build automation tools– Jenkins preferred.
- Recommended tool experience including Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, Mockito, Wiremock, GKE, Terraform
- Expertise with Gitlab
- Prior experience in building managing GCP cloud infrastructure and automation
- Computing cloud cost models, network topology, platform services, and common storage option
- Experience in a java based environment (Spring)
- Perform code reviews in Spring
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.