The DevOps Engineer is responsible for maturing the DevOps mindset within the agile teams using techniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery to provide quality products with seamless integration across Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and Release Management roles.
The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team. Updating documentation/GitHub and community support are a part of this role.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for:
• Maturing the DevOps mindset within the agile teams using techniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development,
• Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery to provide quality products with seamless integration across Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and Release Management roles.
• Design, Develop reusable code for infrastructure provisioning, security etc.
• Build, Test and administer highly available container application platform clusters (ECS, Kubernetes, Docker etc.)
• Developing and improving standards for security (via security as a code) across continuous delivery environment and cloud-based productions deployments.
• The successful candidate will be a servant leader who develops and supports a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship.
• The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
• Blogging and community support are a part of this role. Candidates will work in a DevOps team environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments. Since the team is very young in its adoption of DevOps principles there is still a fair amount of manual maintenance work. Candidates are expected to handle the manual work while
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team? If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)
• This person is going to be part of the team which is called Digital Solutions DevOps CoE Team.
• 5 years of IT experience on web-based products
• 2 years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
• 2 years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development
• 2 years of continuous integration experience (for example tools like Jenkins, Anthill Pro, Azure DevOps).
• 2 years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as C, C#, C++, Java and must have hands on experience on Groovy, Gradle, Python
• 1 years of experience with programmatic interaction with a relational database, preferably a recent version of SQL Server. Preferred Qualifications:
• Azure DevOps pipeline, Jenkins pipeline
• Git (contributions on GitHub++)
• Scripted environments experience
• Configuration as code experience
• Infrastructure experience
• Operations experience
• Monitoring experience
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
• Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) experience
• Database change automation experience
• Real-time automated metrics and reporting experience
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
• We are looking for someone with DevOps experience on Cloud Infrastructure, preferably Azure Cloud and GCP.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.