Position: DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer at Brooksource, you will play a crucial role in supporting our client's diverse IT initiatives within the New Jersey Police department's IT centralization project. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure smooth and efficient code deployment in various environments, including QA, Preprod, and Prod environments. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring servers, patching servers, developing shell scripts, setting up operating systems, Java, web servers, and implementing monitoring and log analysis tools.
- Code Deployment: Manage the deployment of code across different environments (QA, Preprod, Prod) to facilitate testing, staging, and production releases.
- Server Monitoring: Monitor server performance, resource utilization, and troubleshoot issues to maintain server health and availability.
- Server Patching: Implement server patching and updates to ensure security, stability, and compliance with the latest software versions.
- Shell Script Development: Develop and maintain shell scripts to automate tasks and streamline deployment processes.
- Environment Setup: Set up and configure operating systems, Java, web servers, and other software components to support application deployment.
- Monitoring and Log Analysis: Implement monitoring tools and log analysis solutions to track system performance, identify anomalies, and proactively address potential issues.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Collaborate with development and operations teams to establish and maintain efficient CI/CD pipelines.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Implement and maintain Infrastructure as Code practices to manage and provision infrastructure resources.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or a related role, with a focus on the mentioned activities and technologies.
- Primarily Linux: Strong expertise in Linux operating systems, particularly Red Hat.
- Weblogic: Proficiency in configuring and managing WebLogic application servers.
- Tomcat/nginx: Experience with setting up and maintaining Apache Tomcat and/or NGINX web servers.
- Swagger: Familiarity with Swagger for designing, documenting, and testing APIs.
- Splunk: Knowledge of Splunk for log analysis, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in code deployment practices and tools, including experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of server monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience in developing and maintaining shell scripts for automation.
- Familiarity with setting up and configuring various operating systems, Java, web servers, etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring and log analysis tools for system performance and error tracking.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Certifications in DevOps and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) are a plus.
- Experience in working with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.