Adding a DevOps Engineer to support the custom procurement application team, as they migrate their legacy applications into SAP. Although the legacy applications will be integrated into SAP, they will not be retired for at least one year.
This individual will also be instrumental in implementing and setting up a test automation framework and tool within this team’s environment.
Support deployments with applications enhancements, and support application integrations into SAP
– Implement and setup test automation environment
– Support CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery) pipeline.
*Build pipelines for applications, both legacy and new.
Examples of New applications:
· Fulfillment Service/Online Ordering Applications through multiple channels of delivery
· Supplier eCommerce. EDI-focused application
Must Have Technologies and Skills:
1. Experience working in a Java Environment and deploying Java-based applications.
· Hands-on Java Development experience is preferred
2. Previous experience implementing an Automation Testing Framework
· Examples include: Junit, Mockito, Jenkins, EasyMock, Selenium, etc.
3. Experience working in an Agile Environment, and experience supporting CI/CD pipeline
4. Strong experience working with cloud environments and building an environment from scratch
· Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience is preferred, but Azure an AWS are sufficient.
· Strong experience with Docker and Kubernetes: Must be able to setup and configure both,and execute commands from scratch.
5. Must also have experience working in a WebLogic environment, as well as Linux/Unix.
–New applications are written to be deployed in WebLogic or GCP
Prioritize testing by systems we should invest in:
o Apps we are building that will live on: Fulfillment, PoAck, ASN, Recall Runner
o Integrations that will live on.
o Integrations that will be in interim state – estimate 2-3 years length
– Prioritize testing methods
– Automated unit testing to 90%+ coverage
– Automated API component tests – to include a regression set of tests and a set of tests that would cover new features being created
– Automated Smoke Test – Live Production test; post-deployment (sub-set of regression tests/function tests). This should be a read-only set of tests to not impact Production.
– Automated End to End – mocked. Pick the top 3-5 use cases to develop that will save significant time. Example: SendToOp
– Performance Testing. This won’t automatically be done, but will be a case by case evaluation of the risk presented for an app feature. If too much risk is present, then that use case will have a performance test written and executed to better evaluate and mitigate the risk.
– Automated UI testing – Manual testing at this time.
– Phase 2:
– Create spikes for next iteration to setup tools and start developing.
– Communicate this plan with team, including all new employees and contractors as they are onboarded.
– Create stories for test automation for each development story created.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.