At the client, it is focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. It is investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Its technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
Guide, mentor and provide engineering guidance at enterprise level to deliver business value, automate & optimize time to market with improved quality. DevOps engineers are responsible for implementing DevOps principles at an enterprise level. DevOps will be responsible for enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery with an effective release process while collaborating with various application teams. DevOps engineers will understand and capture application pipeline requirements and apply appropriate automation / solutions to Increase the overall efficiency and automate software delivery to enhance overall quality and speed across the organization. Besides the engineering/technical tasks like (build / package / deploy / monitor) to streamline and optimize the application lifecycle, the engineers will also work on adding visibility to technical debt and increasing software delivery speed, quality, and efficiency across the enterprise.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help set strategic direction for infrastructure, security, deployment, and development initiatives alongside Systems Architecture, Information Security, Database Engineering, and delivery teams
- Participate in a constant feedback loop among the community of Infrastructure Engineering, Platform Architecture and Enterprise Architecture
- Mentor a team of platform engineers in the areas of infrastructure automation, CI/CD pipeline, and architecture
- Work with software development teams to engineer and implement infrastructure solutions including infrastructure automation, CI/CD pipelines, and more
- Provide evangelism for cutting edge, sustainable automation in continuously integrating and deploying to multiple environments
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable.
- Ability to review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
- Serve as key leader and expert on DevOps practices and components
- Lead the establishment and maturation of DevOps internal practices
- Mentor and lead clients in DevOps engagements
- Ensure Tool’s Availability (issue resolution / support / utilization / monitoring) – Broadcoms API Gateway, Kong, IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Qlik and our ODS
- Perform new tool assessment / decommissioning of existing tools (data driven decisions)
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science
- 8+ years’ experience with design and deployment of automated configuration management and code deployment systems
- Relevant experience as a Sr. DevOps Engineer/ DevOps consultant/System Engineering consultant
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and ability to build consensus across teams
- Experience working in an agile and DevOps environment to establish strong technical standards, practices and frameworks
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution.
- Very strong communication skills, adaptable to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with infrastructure as code testing methods and tools.
- Understanding of: Integrated platform tools: Git and git-based version control systems, primarily Bitbucket, Automation tools: primarily Ansible, Artifact management tools: primarily Nexus, Containerization tools and platforms, primarily: OpenShift and Rosa, Messaging platforms: IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, and kafka, API Management tools: primary Kong, and Broadcoms API Gateway.
- Linux skills including shell scripting
- AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Cloudformation, vpc creation load balancers, auto scaling groups, Cloudwatch Logging, Cloudfront, app server configuration and debugging skills)
- Strong operational experience in Linux environment
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge & experience of Integration Platform tool sets
- Container/ cloud (AWS/GCP/ Azure) technology certifications
- Banking / Finance / Insurance experience
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.