DevOps Scripting Engineer
6 mo Contract w Possible Extension
Our Client is seeking a DevOps Scripting Engin eer with experience in eCommerce and omnichannel retail. Ideal candidates will be technologically diverse with strong business acumen and a continuous growth mindset. You will investigate, evaluate and partner to resolve application, infrastructure and data performance issues to ensure optimal and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep them ahead of the competition.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Partner with business systems analysts (BSAs), project managers (PMs), and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Work with leaders to define and align on standard data engineering procedures and best practices.
- Automate the provisioning of environments and ETL pipelines.
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for system components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Core requirement is someone with 2+ years professional experience developing/enhancing programs & scripts for automating tasks in a commercial web environment.
- Must be familiar with:
- Scripting languages such as Python & Lua
- Team tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git, Microsoft Teams
- Automation tools such as Jenkins & Cloudbees
- Modern monitoring and analysis tools, such as New Relic, Splunk, Grafana
- Experience in a fast moving and distributed team, must have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Plus skills include experience with: public clouds such as AWS or Azure; leveraging chat tools APIs.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.