This position is for a Digital Program Manager in the IT Program and Portfolio Management Office, leading several key initiatives for the Digital Transformation Program. The Digital Transformation Program is committed to delivering an engaging online experience to all MSI customers to enable them to understand our products better, buy and service them online, so this Digital Program Manager will have the opportunity to interact with representatives of all business functions. This is a high visibility role and is an ideal opportunity for someone with excellent leadership, program management and communication skills.
Scope of Responsibilities / Expectations
- Collaborate with IT leadership, business representatives, and project leads to define feature content for Digital Transformation Program
- Drive alignment of feature content across businesses, aligning with the strategic goals of each business and the company at large.
- Overall responsible for program increment planning and holding teams accountable to their commitments.
- Partner with the scrum masters to drive completion of sprint-level activities, identifying and removing roadblocks and negotiating dependencies across teams.
- Manage schedule and budget, working with vendors to ensure proper resource capacity to meet demand.
- Provide for all project communication, action item management, risk identification and management from an execution standpoint
- Responsible for keeping the project data updated on a regular basis as well as providing input as needed for senior leadership review
- Analytical skills – ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and recommend sound decisions
- People skills – a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts
- Project management skills – ability to drive & lead meetings independently, create and execute project plans, proactively manage risks/issues, maintain compliance with company project management processes
- Communication skills – ability to drive productive conversations, independently maintain project documentation, drive follow-up on open actions.
- Proficient in basic Google Applications (Sheets, Docs, Slides) as well as Atlassian application (Jira and Confluence)
- PMP certification and/or other project management certification is preferred
- Experience using Agile, Scrum AND Waterfall methodologies on projects, with heavy emphasis on Scaled Agile (SaFE)
- Any previous Motorola work experience or experience in managing IT projects for a similar industry is preferable
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Very strong team player, able to foster teamwork and a positive working environment to the project team.
- People skills to be able to work with different roles and personalities
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong written and oral communications skills, an eye for detail
- Strong collaboration & active listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- At least 7-10 years experience with project management practices and methodologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to form valuable partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Agile (Scrum, SAFe, etc.) and DevOps experience required
- Experience with Atlassian Toolset (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Google Workspace
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.