Digital Security Operations Engineer
100% Remote- Client based in Indianapolis, IN
6+ Month Contract-to-Hire
This role will be responsible for Security Operations of the E-Commerce platforms. This role will manage the day-to-day operations of vendors and tools responsible for providing perimeter, application, and network security. In addition to these responsibilities, this role will work closely with other members of our digital team including Quality Insurance, Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Product Owners, and Third-party Vendors such as Akamai, Google, PerimeterX, Rackspace, and Oracle. Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to WAF Updates, Incident Response, Bot Pattern Analysis, Alerting/Monitoring, Bot Detection, Web Traffic Reports, Cross-Functional Team Communication, and actively protecting our site from nefarious actors while enhancing the customer experience.
- Content Delivery Networks using Akamai/Cloudflare
- Caching, security, and edge processing Web Applications Firewall (WAF)
- Analyzing data from application logs, web logs, database, and third-party vendors to determine nefarious patterns.
- Creating consumable incident reports to provide to leadership
- Investigating false negatives and false positives
- General scripting and automation knowledge (Python, Jenkins, CRON, bash, etc.)
- Create incident reports to provide to leadership
- Prepare configuration changes for upcoming events to maximize blocked traffic and minimize customer-impact
- Internet Based technologies (Certificates, HTTPS, TCP/IP, DNS, ASN, HTTP Methods, etc…)
- Knowledge of Back-end Web Application Platform (JSP, Oracle, Linux Server, Windows Server, IIS, Weblogic, Java, etc…)
- General scripting and automation knowledge (Python, Jenkins, CRON, bash, etc…)
- Solid understanding of Agile workflows and the SDLC (JIRA, sprints, Lower Environments, User Acceptance Testing, Cross-Functional Teams, Product Owners, etc…)
- Identify patterns for alerts involving Fraud, Web Traffic, Health Checks, Business Processes, Network Stability, Application Errors, Account Takeover, and Performance Monitoring.
- Ability to be on a rotating on-call schedule and work nights/weekends as needed.
- Create rules to whitelist/blacklist web traffic based on identified patterns.
- Knowledge of reCAPTCHA, Bot Manager, PerimeterX, and other bot detection platforms.
- Ability to attend technical meetings with multiple service providers (Oracle, Rackspace, Akamai, Google, and PerimeterX) to troubleshoot, plan, and communicate security operation’s needs.
- BS degree in a technical field of study from a four-year college or
- 4+ years digital/eCommerce application experience or an equivalent combination of education or experience with Bot Detection, E-commerce Website Support, and Security Operations
- Previous Linux & Windows server experience is preferred
- Previous Splunk or other Log Aggregation Tool Experience preferred
- Previous CDN Experience preferred
- 100% work from home flexibility
- Ability to work on a growing team with heavy focus on long-term growth/leadership
- Opportunity to work for enterprise level organization with a high visibility team
- Health/Vision/Dental Benefits, PTO, flexible work environment
- When hired on full-time you will have access to in-store discounts, 401k benefits, and be apart of an enterprise organization with a start-up culture
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.