Director, Tableau Visualization
As the Director of Visualization for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client, you will be responsible for executing the development of an advanced Tableau platform designed to leverage predictive and descriptive modeling to provide real-time information towards customer servicing data (i.e. outages, usage, churn). This platform will support over 50 business initiatives designed to track and improve the customer experience, and you will work in a highly visible role as you support multiple business units and business leaders at the headquarters location. You will partner closely with a Tableau visualization/creative team, Tableau Administrators in IT, and Data Scientists. This is a fast-paced role that offers the opportunity to head up a new initiative within an existing team that will be impacting the entire business!
- 10+ years’ experience in Tableau Development and Design (Certified Tableau Desk Top preferred)
- Experience with PostGreSQL database and performance tuning
- Experience with XML
- Experience with PowerShell and VBA scripting
- Experience with a variety of data platforms (i.e. Hadoop, Netezza, MS SQL Server)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to develop and implement analytical data models and reports using Tableau to enable customers to analyze data and make business decisions
- Solid understanding of Tableau presentation and data layer
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing and information management best practices
- Experience with performance tuning in Tableau Server
- Knowledge of data design and modeling
- Lead the development of an advanced Tableau platform, working closely with both the creative team on visualization and data scientists who lead predictive and descriptive modeling
- Consult with business users to create custom applications and/or script interactions with Tableau Server resources
- Configure and maintain Tableau Server Software Layer
- Change management including software, hardware upgrades, patches
- Performance tuning/server management of Tableau server environment (clustering, load balancing)
- Manage and support migration of objects (dimensions, measures, hierarchies, reports, workbooks, dashboards) from development to production environments
- Partner with the business groups to design Tableau dashboards/platform for optimal performance
- Work with the creative team on development of workbooks and dashboards to support business initiatives
What’s In It For You?
- Ability to make impactful decisions for the company and implement solutions with a high level of autonomy
- Exposure to high-level executives within a Fortune 100 company at the headquarters location
- Easy commute in from train station; 5-minute walk
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether, it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent work, we customize our search based upon your company’s unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.