Brooksource is searching for a Network/Disconnect Engineer to join our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client in the Charlotte, NC area. This is a new team that is responsible for disconnected internal and external circuits, as well as transport and capacity functions. You would be joining a brand-new team within the enterprise group of this organization, specifically built out for these functions.
· Create and maintain transport network standards, such as device configuration standards, service configuration standards, best practices, quick reference guides, etc.
· Responsibilities include new platform/product/tool/process introduction and legacy platform/product/tool/process evolution plans for network layers.
· Asset with cost reduction strategy within the transport network.
· Identify, design and deliver automation, reporting and tool improvements to drive increased network consistency, efficiency, throughput and reliability.
· Perform occasional maintenance of various transport platforms.
· Independent worker, capable of performing duties on a day to day basis with minimal guidance
· In-depth understanding of telecommunications industry practices, including the planning, engineering, test, and/or troubleshooting of network layers.
· Previous experience disconnecting internal and external circuits
· Understanding of transport and capacity principles
· Knowledge of cost optimization and effectiveness
· Analytical mindset
· Able to balance multiple projects and tasks at once
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Contract to hire based on performance
· Medical, dental, and vision provided
· 6 paid holidays
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.