- An Assistant Electrical Detailer will assist with plans and prepare non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance. This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Assist in a full range of drawing production work.
- Produce project deliverables in an efficient and budget conscious manner.
- Assist with CAD drawing production and project execution.
- Printing, scanning, and submitting drawing packages.
- Maintain high CAD proficiency and mastery of current CAD systems.
- Effectively use multiple application packages where necessary.
- Train, mentor, and develop staff.
- Review and adhere to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Resource management.
- Identification of priority tasks and implementing plans of execution.
- Communicate with team and management workload.
- Maintain record of client or company CAD standards.
- Provide quality feedback of work.
- Assist in the QA/QC process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Working & Coordinating with our India based office (office hours may vary)
- Ability to direct and instruct others on drawing requirements.
- CAD Quality review of drawings prepared by India office.
- Requirements:Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or Associate's degree and three years related experience or four years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Basic understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.