Electrical Facility Supervisor:
This position is responsible for assisting in preparation of field installation subcontract packages; safely direction of subcontractors work using a ZERO accident philosophy; monitoring daily work activities to assure subcontractors are supporting the overall project schedule. Additionally, the Supervisor will review the project design to identify any potential changes and work with contract personal to review and approve any contract change notices. The Supervisor will ensure the quality of all work performed while identifying construction critical items that may have potential of impacting the work schedule. The Supervisor will monitor the project for work rule compliance. This position is focused heavily on facility type work and a small portion on industrial construction (90/10).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure quality of work performed and identify critical items that may impact the project work schedule.
· Review project design and identify any potential changes. Review changes with contract personnel for approval of any change notices.
· Monitor and ensure that contractors’ work is done in a safe and cost effective manner.
· Assist in preparation of field installation subcontract packages.
· Monitor all assigned projects for work rule compliance. Safety, Environmental compliance and monitor the triple constraint related to project management along with QA/QC and commissioning aspect to the work. Inspect ongoing work activities to confirm contractor performance to project plans, specifications, and monitor/enforce compliance to all regulatory requirements.
· Review contractor progress and critical path activities through regularly scheduled meetings.
· Assist with planning and establishing project schedules and following up on actual performance and productivity against estimates.
· Support Outage & Project Management/Facility type work efforts to bid, evaluate and award work packages for Electrical/Controls/Commercial contract work. Upon contract award, employee to oversee all contracted scopes of work assigned which will include task in a power plant facility, heavy industrial work areas, including any commercial building assigned work. Would include work that is associated in the maintenance and building trades, that include trades such as industrial/commercial electrical systems, boilers, welding, turbines, generators, pumps, fans, valves, air conditioning systems, miscellaneous piping, septic systems, underground work, excavations, all types of roofing type repairs and replacement projects, fire protection systems, concrete and drywall repairs and installation, bathroom remodeling etc. All types of Mechanical, Civil/Structural and Electrical contracted work for overseeing commercial building facility service type work.
· Assign duties and responsibilities to contractors and subcontractors and follow work progress on assigned projects.
· Perform any other duties or special assignments as assigned by the Manager.
Required: Minimum high school education. Some construction management training is required.
Preferred: College degree is preferred. College/Technical or Military Trade School(s) relevant to the position description, Associate of Applied Science. Previous General or Mechanical Contractor license holder. College degree may be considered in lieu of equivalent experience of four years with a bachelor’s degree.
from an ABET-accredited institution.
Required: 10 to 15 years’ experience in heavy facility and commercial construction or construction management including 10 years of related or equivalent experience in electrical/controls in a power plant/ heavy facilityand commercial environment.
Indirect Supervision: Indirect supervision of contractors, subcontractors and assigned personnel.
Required: Knowledge of construction codes/standards (NEC) ASME, ASTM, OSHA 0910/1926, etc.). Previous experience in writing contract scope of work, preparing budget estimates, and working with contract administrators is required. Must be able to plan and organize Electrical/Controls projects to support department goals. Must possess strong leadership qualities and have team building skills including outage coordination, planning and scheduling experience. Technical knowledge of electrical/controls is required as well as contract administrative responsibilities including supervising contractors. Previous experience with computerized work management systems.
Handle multiple duties and responsibilities and be accountable for those actions. Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed, nightshifts and weekends when required during planned, forced outages and as directed by management. Work will be performed both indoors and outdoors and may include exposure to inclement weather, cold, heat, humidity, and high noise levels. Must be able to travel to various locations within Energy Supply when required such as, (Bayside, Big Bend and Polk Power Stations, and various commercial building sites throughout Hillsborough and Polk County).
· Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
· Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
· Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
· Speaks Up on Safety, Health, and the Environment
· Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgment
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.