One of the largest medical device companies in the world is currently expanding and you could be a part of that growth! As the work to expand their product line of life saving Neurovascular medical devices, they are in need of leader to work alongside and oversee a group of lab technicians. Someone who is organized, passionate, and innovative will thrive in this position. This is a great opportunity to further develop your leadership qualities and make an impact in a crucial area of the organization.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Bio Medical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Plans, directs, and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- May develop, evaluate, implement, and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes, or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Monitor’s documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS OF THIS POSITION:
- Autonomy: Supervises team members providing tactical and / or technical supervision. Spends a portion of time performing individual tasks. Receives assignments in task-oriented terms and delivers results according to established procedures.
- Organizational Impact: Plans operational objectives for a team of support personnel, typically within (1) department. Decisions impact team schedules or the allocation of time or material resources. Typically does not have budget or P&L accountability, but may manage day-to-day elements of the budget (eg, overtime for staff).
- Innovation and Complexity: Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and day-to-day department processes. Problems and issues faced are generally defined and may require understanding of broader sets of issues.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with internal and external customers and vendors. Shares and exchanges relevant information to reach solutions. Typically presenting information and exchanging information.
- Leadership and Talent Management: Supervises a team consisting of employees in the Support career stream only, such as production, technician, or clerical individual contributors A first level supervisor. Provides day-to-day work direction for team, focused on maintaining steady workflow, resource allocation and productivity. Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.