Our client is seeking an enterprise architect for the team who will be responsible for the technology strategy and senior level relationships with business and delivery counterparts.
The Enterprise Architect (technical leader) will be responsible for creating and driving the technical strategy with product managers/owners with a complex and multi-faceted interactions with many delivery teams. You will partner with many teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud (private and public) architectures that provide solutions to business problems and accelerate the adoption of modern technologies to reduce total cost of ownership. In collaboration with product managers and owners, you will drive benefit delivery across a defined set of products.
As a trusted enterprise architect, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build healthcare solutions that will impact millions of lives. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within UHG such as delivery, product, platform and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Collaborate with product management, portfolio and technology architecture leads to plan out, document and execute strategic product family delivery roadmaps – including blueprints and reference architectures.
• Identify and quantify impact of change on processes and systems based on the scope of business needs; inform capital investment planning
• Facilitate/lead/participate in exploring and assessing solution options, estimates, architecture reviews and decisions; communicate outcomes and next steps
• Use a consultative, agile approach to solving problems that support business, technology and financial strategies with defined architecture principles.
• Create functional process blueprint and corresponding technology solution design; deliver all architecture artifacts within the promised time
• Demonstrate understanding of cross – functional / cross – domain requirements, non-functional requirements and impacts.
• Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies / products / trends related to architectural solutions. Utilize those findings to influence our architecture patterns, technology strategies and solution designs.
• Understand and adhere to architecture governance framework and established standards; follow the exception/waiver process as needed
• Collaborate with other architects and technology engineers to define architecture vision, create an end-to-end target state solution blueprint and implementation roadmap.
• Partner with other architects to improve process, framework, knowledge exchange, artifacts and standards
• Ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans).
• 3+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following architecture disciplines: application architecture, solution architecture, enterprise architecture (Exposure to business architecture is a plus)
• 3+ years of experience in creating capability blueprints with implementation roadmaps (may be asked to provide examples / artifacts)
• 2+ years of experience with designing and implementing solutions in cloud architectures – Public (Azure, AWS or GCP) / Private / Hybrid
• 5+ years of full lifecycle application and software development experience
• 5+ years working on large programs using mixed waterfall and agile frameworks
• 2+ years of cross enterprise (and not just focused one or two business units specific) decision making role
• Undergraduate degree
• Solid communication skills, especially with IT and business leadership and influence through advisory (not authority)
• Ability to define/clarify problems, analyze impact, explore options with industry perspective
• Experience delivering enterprise-level architecture roadmaps
• Experience directing or leading cross functional or cross-segment teams
• Ability to work independently with solid analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly proficient with MS Office tools including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, and Access
• Graduate degree
• Healthcare industry experience
• Working knowledge of the following business and technology concepts: data management, data fabric, APIs, microservices, SOA, cloud, container, software/platform/infrastructure as a service, rules engines/BPMs, big data, predictive modeling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, mobile/digital applications, data architecture and governance
• TOGAF certification or experience with PEAF, and/or other enterprise architecture frameworks
• Experience in using architecture planning tool such as Alfabet, Troux, Casewise, Sparx or Mega
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.