Brooksource is hiring an entry level Cloud Automation Engineer for our Client's Chief Development Office. You will work as part of the larger team to help in the design, development and testing of the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). goals. To be successful, the candidate must be driven and well-organized, with strong learning abilities. It is essential for the individual to be self-motivated and tenacious, thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and complete tasks on agreed schedules. The team will look to this individual to assist in the design, development, testing, and implementation of quality infrastructure hardware and software solutions while working on a scrum team and assisting colleagues from all disciplines.
Start Date: January 17, 2023
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevSecOps tool chains and processes
- Demonstrate knowledge of Infrastructure as Code(IaC) software and templates: Terraform, CDM, CFT, ARM, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of source code management principles and best practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of Security as Code principles, policy, best practices, and tools
- Demonstrate knowledge of Credential, Certificate and Encryption best practices, rotation, and policies
- Participate in designing, developing, and testing IaC solutions for Cloud platforms
- Provide support in reviewing requirements, system impacts and exploring solutions
- Generate documentation as needed to support process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results
- Participate in AGILE ceremonies
- Participate in production releases as scheduled
- Participate with team to establish target dates and complete activities
- Monitor and performance tune Cloud environment
- Research and analyze environmental support issues
- Collaborate with production support team as needed
- Actively communicate with users and team to provide technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Internship or class project experience in Cloud Platforms and Services – GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or similar tools
- Experience in CI/CD processes using Microsoft ADO Pipelines
- Strong technical skills and a good understanding of software development principles and project lifecycles
- Works well independently and able to collaborate with technical team members
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and execute tasks
- High level of professionalism, confidence, and ability to build credibility with Technology and business teams.
- Strong business and technology aptitude with a willingness to learn and understand business and software solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain risks, issues, and concepts clearly and concisely
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.