6-12 month on going contract
Must be local or willing to relocate to St. Louis-MO, Stamford-CT, or Charlotte-NC.
This position will be responsible for guiding BI development teams on data integration solutions in Charter Business Intelligence group. The primary focus is to develop standards, templates and frameworks for use by the BI development teams and to maintain and govern the development and QA environments. As well as mentoring junior staff and communicate with BI Leadership on the direction of the BI ETL function. This is a multitasking role and the individual needs to work closely with multiple BI teams, developers, database administrators and architects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and enforce data integration processes, templates, design patterns, frameworks, best practices and technical standards
- Establish, monitor and optimize a reliable and repeatable process for migrating objects and artifacts between Development, Test, UAT and Production environments
- Strive to automate the migration process as much as practically possible
- Use hands-on technology experience to conduct proofs of concepts and prototypes to prove out new technology and innovative ideas in search for competitive advantages
- Establish and enforce technical standards for use by all BI project delivery teams by coaching the teams to apply these standards on a continual basis
- Provide batch optimization, Teradata stored procedure performance tuning, and SQL tuning recommendations.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Teradata Developer with good understanding in ETL, Datawarehouse concepts and strong in writing Advanced SQL
- Experienced in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Teradata
- Able to solve complex problems and ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines as required.
- Strong ETL Background ( Data Extraction , Transformation and loading in target from heterogeneous Sources )
- Good Understanding On Teradata Architecture
- Expertise in Query optimization and Performance tuning techniques
- Good in understanding the requirements and propose design solutions and able to work independently
- Expertise in Data Analysis, troubleshooting of issues and providing solution to complex applications
- Strong Hands-on experience in Advanced SQL
- Data Profiling and Data modelling Knowledge
- Strong in Teradata Stored Procedures and TPT scripts
- UNIX Shell scripting Knowledge is a must
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be good at communicating with Biz Teams/Clients
- Is self-motivated to take initiatives and thrive in an ambiguous work environment
Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure with a high degree of flexibility
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.