6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Remote Position (Atlanta)
Brooksource is looking for an ETL Developer for our Fortune 500 media client to produce data solutions that empower the customer’s users to make critical business decisions. In this role, you will need to be comfortable contributing on to the technical design, writing quality code, unit testing, giving feedback on requirements, and working with teammates to produce great software.
· Understand and analyze technical approaches to address challenging development and integration problems with data centric cloud systems.
· Translate requirements and data mapping documents to a technical design.
· Implement the organization’s data and propose solutions on how it can be leveraged.
· Develop, enhance and maintain code following best practices and standards.
· Provide complete testing support to include unit testing, system/integration testing, UAT and implementation support
· Communicate status, issues and blockers with project team.
· Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities.
· Implement corporate cloud security and best practices
· Understand and implement tasks to develop cloud managed, high performance, mission critical applications with high availability and disaster recovery mechanisms
· Possess strong facilitation, questioning, and listening skills to ask right questions of individuals and groups to surface essential requirements information
· Collaborate with fellow technical resources to shape the data design of features within the application.
· 4+ years experience with ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling
· 4+ years experience with SQL, with the ability to write complex queries and implement performance tuning
· 4+ years experience with SSIS with ability to show SSIS projects
· Experience with Python or C#
· Advanced understanding of big data concepts and processing large amounts of data
· Experience working on a team using an agile methodology (SCRUM, FDD, XP, Kanban, etc.)
· Experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support
· BS or MS in Computer Science, MBA, MIS, or equivalent education, training, and/or experience
· Experience with AWS and/or azure technologies a huge plus (this team is implementing systems based on cloud technologies).
· Experience with Snowflake a huge plus.
· Experience with SSAS Tabular Model, PowerPivot, SSRS a plus.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.