Grand Rapids, MI (Remote)
Full-time, 6-month contract (with strong possibility of converting to permanent hire)
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Health Insurance client is seeking a Facets Developer to provide technical guidance and high-level programming experience across their Facets platform. The Facets Developer will be responsible for remediating data warehouses, applications, and extracts to account for new products that are added on the Facets platform. As the Facets Developer, you will be asked to act independently under general direction while also playing a key role in instructing, directing, and reviewing the work of your fellow Facets programmers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Provide technical consulting and guidance across Facets platform.
· Devises or modifies best practices and procedures.
· Performs program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
· Works alongside leadership teams to develop project plans.
· Handles / monitors code migration.
· Mentors less experienced programming staff.
· May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other application programming personnel.
· May have quality assurance review responsibilities.
· May act as a business expert in assisting users to define requirements.
· 3+ years of directly applicable experience in systems analysis, programming and technical design.
· 3+ years’ experience programming in C#/.Net, SQL, and PL/SQL languages.
· Demonstrated ability to self-direct, multi-task and partner with technical staff from different departments.
· Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members.
· Demonstrated ability to identify areas for improvement, capable of making recommendations and implementing solution.
· Demonstrated ability to lead group discussions and develop consensus.
· Strong organizational and project planning skills.
· 3+ years’ experience with Facets domain knowledge
· 3+ years’ experience in software design and development.
· Experience working on scalable high-availability websites.
· Proven experience with C#, .NET, SQL, and PL/SQL.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
· Experience in a health care environment helpful.
· Associate, BS or BA degree, in computer science or technical area preferred, or equivalent training or work experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.