Senior Software Developer
We're looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you're comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you're comfortable learning new technologies and systems. You have a strong background and passion in building successful full stack systems, services and APIs that deliver impactful products to customers. You are comfortable in dealing with change. You love to take initiative and have a bias towards action.
· Create long term technical vision for the product, and identify paths to deliver value in shorter term phases
· Architect and design systems with cross team and cross org impact
· Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building products. In many cases, you will be the decision maker.
· Directly contribute to core interface design and write code.
· Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for as a whole
· Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, system realities, and numerous stakeholders' preferences and concerns
· Design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable and performant services and systems
· Make significant hands-on contributions to deliver critical projects and bring value to customers
· Lead by example to uphold high engineering standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency across
· Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including dependency engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and operations
· Mentor engineers in their technical careers to help them grow
· 7+ years of experience and a bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Expert-level software development experience
· Expert-level experience running software on public cloud platforms
· A strong technical background, including expert-level experience as a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
· A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence
· Mid-level experience with serverless development and operations
· Strong expertise in large scale distributed system designs
· Strong experience in successful delivery of high-quality production services and systems
· Experience in technically leading complex projects that involve multiple engineering teams
· Demonstrated experience in up leveling engineering best practices and creating technical efficiencies across teams
· Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
· Enjoyment in working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Nice to haves
· Experience in developing software in a highly regulated industry
· Experience building and contributing to CI/CD platform and processes using tools such as GitLab, Datadog, etc.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.