Fiber Design Engineer
Newark, DE (On-site)
3 Month Contract (with chance of extention)
Our Fortune 50 Telecommunications client is looking for a Network Design and Planning Engineer to join their team! This position will be primarily responsible for managing the new project buildouts and implementations of HFC. Great way to take the next step with a large company. If you feel that this describes you, apply now for this immediate job opening!
- HFC and Fiber design experience in a Telecom environment
- Familiarity with Coax and OSP design
- Spatial Net and AutoCAD Knowledge
- Network Design or construction outside plant experience
- Manage HFC/Fiber design mapping and buildout for project sites
- Update databases as needed for tracking the acceptance of a job, the issuance of a design to a business partner and if applicable tracking the receipt of the fielding, desktop QC of the fielding, and issuance to another business partner
- Updating and reserving wavelengths for fiber designs
- QC HFC and Fiber Design in SNET for company specifications and SNET Quality drafting standards (example, Fiber splicing and master circuit validations)
- QC business partner invoices related to above and progressing invoicing to Manager approval
- Design HFC/Fiber design related example – include compiling existing fiber documentation and entering or updating it into one consolidated database
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.