Brooksource is searching for a Field Services Technician for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Charlotte, NC for a 12 month contract with potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a Telecom technician with 2+ years of experience and technical understanding to support a large infrastructure environment.
The Telecom Technician is responsible for the installation, programming, testing, and maintenance of various types of Telecommunications equipment and systems for Duke Energy Corporation and its Subsidiaries. Equipment/Systems include Fiber Optics, Microwave (SONET, DWDM, DS0 up to OC-192), Telephone Systems & Associated Physical Infrastructure (PBXs, subscriber sets, wiring, Network Interfaces), Wireless Systems (Two-way radio, paging, SCADA, siren control systems), Data Network, and common equipment including Antenna Networks (Towers, feedlines, combiners, duplexers), Power Equipment (emergency generators, batteries, inverters, UPS, transfer panels) and Grounding systems.
Daily you will:
- INCIDENT RESOLUTION
- Provide day to day support to restore and repair telecommunication infrastructure to ensure that established SLAs are met. Assists in successful diagnosis of incidents and restoration of interrupted services.
- SOLUTION DELIVERY
- Install Telecommunication Infrastructure and components as requested by the Customer within the established SLA.
- Provides installation hands on support for telecommunications projects.
- PROBLEM MANAGEMENT
- Conducts overall problem trend analysis and makes technical environment improvements. Assists in providing input for root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- PREVENTION MAINTENANCE
- Performs preventative maintenance for Telecommunications Infrastructure to ensure a high level of system reliability and system integrity.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Develops own skills and knowledge of telecommunications equipment and product lines.
- Two or more years experience in the installation/maintenance of electronic systems.
- Basic understanding of Data, Fiber Optics, Microwave, Wireless, and Voice Networks
- Demonstrated ability to use specialized test equipment (OTDR, Spectrum Analyzer, RF Service Monitor, Optical Power and Source Meters, Battery Load Bank, Battery Measurement, DS1/DS3 Test Sets)
- Two or four year degree in electronics or associated technical degree, or military equivalent occupational skills.
- Experience in the installation/maintenance of telecommunications networks and equipment is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain necessary unescorted access such as NERC/CIP and Nuclear
- Methodical problem solver, highly motivated, time management
- (Direct report) Reporting directly to the Telecom Manager
- (Hours) Monday-Thursday 7AM-5:30PM, on call rotation 1x every 4-6 weeks
- Company car
- (Dress code) Business casual
- (Location) Charlotte, NC
- (Travel) 90%, overnight 40%
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited to grow current infrastructure skills
- Long-term interest in Telecommunications
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.