Data Analyst for Finance IT
Contract Position (12 Months)
Cincinnati, Ohio – Hybrid onsite 3 days a week
Partners with senior management to identify, prioritize, track and execute strategic initiatives. Responsible for developing reporting, analytics, statistical analysis, metrics and key performance indicators while also providing in-depth analysis and recommendations for improving/enhancing, line of business and affiliate performance. Coordinates with the Finance Division and Line of Business to ensure consistency in reaching financial goals. Focus on providing value-added analysis and recommendations to support business growth.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts advanced analytics including predictive analytics on structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to achieve business objectives.
• Successfully execute reporting and analytics. Analyzes data to make proactive recommendations/solutions to drive and enhance performance.
• Document, evaluate and improve design of reports and processes to ensure that analytical tools evolve as the business changes.
• Develops trend analyses and other quantitative reports to determine business trends.
• Partners with leaders to further analyze data and develop recommendations for improvement.
• Understands and leads peers in the identification of key business factors (both internal and external) that impact the business.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge base to keep current on existing and emerging issues; apply this knowledge to assist business managers in growing their business.
• Develop recommendations and action plans to support growth and eliminate or mitigate observed risks.
• Business Intelligence (i.e., key performance indicators)
• Creates capacity planning models in partnership with each business unit. Adjusts model based on business needs and provides recommendations and solution (i.e. load balancing) to drive business performance.
• Establishes, fosters and maintains working relationships with peers and management, lines of business, Affiliate partners and other key stakeholders. (i.e., working with Finance and other lines of business on financial goals.)
• Leads junior level staff.
• Develop analytical models to identify patterns in data.
• Prepares and analyzes monthly reports for assigned line of business and affiliates.
• Investigates and documents unusual items, in addition to monthly ad-hoc reports, data analysis, and recommendations.
• Performs maintenance on existing schedules and reports for changes to information.
• Responsible for managing data sources that support incentive plan administration.
Provides guidance to less experienced staff, but no direct supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
• Typically requires minimum of 7-10 years work experience in an analytics or data focused role.
• Typically requires 3-5 years of experience working with advanced analytical tools.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into solutions utilizing a customer-friendly approach.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data and recommend business specific solutions and recommendations.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and work in a fast paced environment required.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
• Ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
• Extended viewing of a CRT screen
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.