Flight Motion System Engineer
Our client, a technical consulting and solutions provider for Federal customers in the defense, cyber, space and commercial fields, is seeking a Sr. or Lead Engineer to provide support for their growing Hypersonics business area. In this role, you will support testing and engineering analysis of Hypersonic programs. Current efforts will focus on developing Flight Motion Table/System to simulate missile flight velocities and accelerations in a Hard-Ware In-The-Loop (HWIL) environment. You will support the customer in Huntsville, with most of the work being performed in an office environment but also including time at integration laboratories and hypersonic test facilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline from an ABET accredited school is required.
- 5+ years of experience with design, integration, simulation, test, and analysis of flight motion systems in Hard-Ware In-The-Loop (HWIL) environments.
- Experience designing and integrating flight motion tables.
- Design, integrate, and test flight motions systems and associated control systems
- Integrate flight motion systems with missile/kill vehicle guidance, navigation, & control and Infrared Scene Projection (IRSP) systems
- Design and Integration of missile/kill vehicle components and HWIL test equipment
- Ability to work closely with aerodynamics model makers to integrate and verify models into 6DOF
- Demonstrable experience in control theory
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Organizational skills to oversee development of test and analysis plans, modeling and simulations, data reduction and analysis, and uncertainty analysis
- Able to contribute technical expertise throughout the system lifecycle including design, integration, test, and delivery to operations.
- Organizational and Interpersonal skills to design, develop, integrate, and/or HWIL capabilities as part of a larger team
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.