Full Stack Developer
4 Month Contract
Are you looking to work with one of the leading media and entertainment companies in the United States? Well look no further! Brooksource is hiring a Full Stack Developer for our customer, a Fortune 500 company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands. Their products reach millions of consumers monthly and provide a variety of content, ranging from original programming to live sports, across a variety of platforms including web, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Xbox.
This initiative will run through the end of the year and will focus on building features for the Global Entertainment Platform to support Domestic and International site replatforming for the customer's entire website. The replatforming effort is moving all legacy brands that the customer owns to the same platform/system. This is one of our client's top 3 initiatives and you'll be joining a strong team of engineers and PMs to complete this!
- Work with product and engineering teams to design, develop, test, deploy and monitor new features
- Work with other developers and key business stakeholders in cross functional teams to maintain deliver internal and external user facing applications that allow users worldwide to find and use our products
- Build efficient and reusable components, systems and abstractions to be used in the full lifecycle of various digital platforms
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices to ensue stable and maintainable products are created for mission critical systems
- Responsible for features from conception to post-deployment
- Evaluate software components and tools
- Follow Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement
- Find and address performance issues
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs, security vulnerabilities, and operational issues
- Prototype and develop reusable components for developers and provide expert technical guidance and support to use them effectively
- Ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, maintainability, and security of developed application
- Assist project teams in assessing the technology environments and determining changes as necessary to ensure successful implementation of software systems. Work with other technology groups to implement changes.
Required Skills and Technologies:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- React and React Native
- Styled Components
- International website development experience
- Git merging, branching, and pull requests
- Responsive design/development
- Ability to triage and debug issues
- Proactively brings up creative ideas
- Must work well on a team!
Nice to Have Skills:
- AWS and Dev Ops experience including CI/CD, monitoring experience, automated testing
- iOS or Android native development experience
- Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku or Xbox development
- Accessibility UI/UX experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for web standards, content management, web page layout, information architecture, user interaction, and usability
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn new technologies.
- Ability to create and maintain clear, concise, and well-constructed documentation
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills – Ability to effectively collaborate with product managers, programmers and testers
- Outstanding creativity and strong commitment to a project
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment
- Strong follow-up abilities with an acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Required to work well under time constraints
- Ability to actively listen and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What’s In It For You..?
- High priority project and visibility to senior leadership
- Exposure to a highly utilized, customer facing website
- Exposure to emerging tools and very intellectual coworkers
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.