Senior Web Developer
O'Fallon , IL
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for the full-stack development of functionality by their agile development team. The Senior Web Developer ensures the development processes are known and followed by the team. The Senior Web Developer provides guidance to the team on technology, architecture, interfaces, and data services needed for the development effort. The Senior Web Developer monitors the progress of the team members to ensure each team member understands what is expected of them and have the tools and knowledge needed to complete assigned work.
The Senior Web Developer mentors the team as needed on technical or process issues to enable team growth.
- Oversees the planning, development, testing and integration of functionality.
- Develops, uses, enforces, and mentors others on good programming practices throughout the development process.
- Recommends, understands, and teach others how to use chosen technology to deliver new functionality as well as recommends changes to existing functionality.
- Responsible for the team’s implementation of functional requirement ensure security, performance, and resiliency of developed solution.
- Understands external dependencies and system to system date flow.
- Understands the full software development lifecycle, deployment infrastructure, and tools supporting CI/CD pipeline and test automation.
- Debugging and assisting the team with issues that arise across the entire development life cycle.
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to computing, or the equivalent years of experience working in a related technical field.
- Four plus years of related work experience.
- Excellent technical, communications, and mentoring skills.
- Experience with full agile lifecycle software systems development within a continuous integration and testing environment.
- Must have experience with React or comparable frontend framework
- Experience with Linux or Windows environments.
- The ability to help resolve complex integration issues across multiple teams and external business partners that enhance productivity and grow business relationships.
- Demonstrated experience using and supporting:
- Developer tools including IntelliJ, NPM, Gradle, Git, SoapUI.
- Team Collaboration tools including VersionOne, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience in DoD or other Federal Agencies providing IT/software services.
- Knowledge of Agile Principles and the application of SAFe.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- An active Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- An active Security+ certification or the ability to obtain one.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.