Full Stack Developer
Our Enterprise Retail client in West Michigan is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to work with modern technologies in an extremely collaborative and Agile environment. This role is 100% remote, working in EST hours.
This role will partner with the Digital Experience team to drive engagement & automation across the customer journey using technologies like React Native and Dialogflow. This role will work with our digital voice assistant, which is focused on surfacing content for customers and employees over voice, chatbot, an app for Android and iOS, and our website. As part of that you’ll have opportunities to build integrations, experiment with various ML models leveraging data, and overall digitize how we serve customers. The long-term goal is to build a runtime layer powered by AI that serves customers throughout their journey with us.
· Strong front-end Development experience using React Native
o Must have strong understanding of frontend component frameworks (Angular, React, React Native), Expo, and Spring Framework
· Strong experience with Java Development using Spring Framework
· Familiar with Kotlin Development, and experience supporting both Web and Mobile-based Applications.
· Strong experience working in an Agile Environment.
o Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and experience working in a DevOps/Cloud environment is strongly preferred.
· Experience working in a DevOps environment, and experience deploying code in a containerized environment (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of the digital assistant space using technologies like Dialogflow, Google Assistant, or Alexa
- Experience building mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Involvement in DevOps and containerized cloud environments:
- Docker; Kubernetes
- Cloud experience, specifically Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Familiarity with development in HTML5 and CSS3
- Exposure with the software design/architecture process
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Treats Test Driven Development (TDD) as a priority
- Continuous Development (CI/CD) experience.
- Experience using artificial intelligence to automate data capture, act in an event-based architecture, and transform data.
- Integrations experience with Salesforce.com
- Agile Scrum using JIRA.
- Static Code Analysis.
- Experience building integrations using REST, SOAP etc.
- Collaborates with the Digital Experience team, the broader IT team, customers, and other business stakeholders to build compelling software products
- Develops applications within a containerized, cloud environment
- Maintains working knowledge of latest changes in software development, data, and automation and applies those learnings to solve business problems
- Traces root cause and troubleshoots until fixed when outages occur
- Helps translate business requirements into technical features and functionality which support customers’ expectations and business needs
- Ensures that application enhancements contain functions and content that is easily measurable using available analytics tools
- Ensures compelling user experiences are backed by well developed, standards-compliant front and back end code
- Collaborates with Enterprise Information Technology (IT) departments to validate solution approaches with IT requirements, presenting project technical designs and specifications for review.
- Creates training and process materials for new and existing systems as needed and assists peers with learning new systems
- Pairs with other programmers to implement features, resolve bugs, and describe acceptance criteria
- This role will be on call as part of a rotating team schedule
Every day our team looks for ways to improve ourselves, and this role exemplifies that. It’s placed at the heart of a bespoke software development unit with line of site to enterprise challenges. That means applying creative thinking to real, sometimes large, business problems with the potential to immerse directly in our community of customers, employees and suppliers.
This role will partner with the Digital Experience team to drive engagement & automation across the customer journey using technologies like React Native and Dialogflow. It’ll mean working on our digital assistant, focused on surfacing content for customers and employees over voice, chatbot, an app for Android and iOS, and website. As part of that you’ll have opportunities to build integrations, experiment with various ML models leveraging our data, and overall digitize how we serve customers. Our longer term goal is to build a runtime layer powered by artificial intelligence that serves customers throughout their journey with us.
Why join this team?
- The opportunity to transform the organization. Our specialty is at the intersection of emerging technology and how it can benefit people and process.
- You’ll build software that exemplifies modern development practices.
- Aligned with high level goals, you’re able to prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others as needed to succeed. We believe that agency enables the best results.
- Adapting to solve new problems sounds exciting to you. We’ll be tackling work that doesn’t have defined precedents — we pivot quickly and find ways to encourage sustained adoption and growth.
- Continuous learning is the norm here.
- You’d relish the opportunity to make running foodservice operations a joy.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Willingness to dive in and understand enterprise systems so that we can effectively integrate the new digital products we build.
- Resilience. We’re working to change hearts and minds, not every conversation will create an immediate positive outcome, we’re in it for the long haul.
- An obsession with learning. This person will need to gain context of our current environment and afterward be constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Interest in understanding business problems and finding creative ways to solve them.
- Active listening. When our business stakeholders share feedback it’s critical they feel heard and understood.
- Respect for keeping things lively. That means at times we’ll need to do maintenance on tools that have already been built, or come back to our earlier work to make improvements.
- A passion for technology and innovation.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.