What is the Max Bill Rate? 90
What is the specific title of the position? Software Engineer
Where is the work to be performed? (Please list preferred UHG facility, if other please specify i.e. remote work, rural, etc.) Irvine, CA (Remote work is fine until Covid situation is under control)
Can you please provide a summary of the project/initiative which describes what’s being done?
a. We are modernizing a bunch of legacy applications called PEER, RxFTS, TPUI (IBM software applications) into Java/React/Spark applications and the new application will be on the Private cloud.
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)? Healthcare specific background is a plus but not a necessity. Looking for strong Full Stack Engineer with strong skills in Java/React and Cloud technologies.
What does the team make-up look like – how many members and what is the break-down of the team’s skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.)? 1 PM, 1 SM, 1 PO, 9 developers.
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
• Prepare detail design for the Solution by discussing with PO and business. Consult with Business, Subject Master Expert, users to evaluate business requirements, evaluate existing or proposed systems, and prepare detailed technical design document from which programs will be written.
• Walk-thru the technical design document with Business/SME/QA group and support team.
• Prepare test planning & setup test data. Execute test planning based on project requirements.
• Ensuring timely deliveries for all assigned tasks
• Participation in Design reviews, Test Case reviews, and Production Support readiness reviews for new releases.
• Support QA, UAT and Release phases of the project via defect analysis, change maintenance, etc.
• Adhere to all quality requirements.
• Should be able to work independently.
• Strong problem solving, analytical kills, Good communication and presentation skills, Good attitude and self-motivated
What skills/attributes are a must have (Please be detailed as to number of years of experience)?
• Educational Qualifications: Bachelors degree in IT or relevant.
o Good Knowledge on Agile practices
o Any knowledge on health care industry would be an added advantage.
o 4.5-7 years of experience on Java stack:
o Strong knowledge on Scala, Spark ETL Frameworks with JAVA.
o Knowledge on Containerization and Dockerization, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CI/CD Pipelines, SonarQube, Artifactory, GIT, Unit Testing and Mocking
o Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle and MYSQL
o Cloud Platforms and Technologies: Open Shift & Azure.
o Knowledge on Apache Kafka and Data Streaming
o Ability to identify system changes and verify that technical system specifications meet the business requirements
o Work experience in different file formats – ANSI X12, JSON,XML etc.
o Knowledge on different EDI formats like 834, 835 & 837
o Exposure on ATDD, Node, Fortify, Cucumber, Junit, JMeter and Dynatrace
o Strong problem solving, analytical kills
o Good communication and presentation skills
o Good attitude and self-motivated.
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
a. Java/React skills
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc) 8 hours (8 am to 5 pm)
What does the interview process look like?
a. How many rounds? 1 round
b. Video vs. phone? Phone
c. How technical will the interviews be? Very Technical
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.