Full-Stack Software Engineer (Java)
As a full-stack java web developer you will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software used by thousands of users nationally. You will work on a team of tight-knit developers, and get on-the-job training related to Java and front-end peripheral technologies. In order to be successful, you will need to have a strong foundation of object-oriented programming principles (ideally in Java), be able to pick up on new tools quickly, and be able to work independently on small-medium projects. You will also learn and hone your front-end development skills using Bootstrap, Vue.JS, RESTful APIs and more.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals, ideally in Java
- knowledge of Unix/ Linux
- Experience with Vue.JS, RESTful APIs, or Bootstrap desired
- Experience with frameworks such as MVC, Struts, or similar is desired
- Previous Software development internship(s) preferred
- Exposure to Java Servlets, Eclipse, JBoss preferred
- Design application and database components for small-sized development projects
- Work with UX to design and develop responsive web pages that are visually appealing
- Perform programming assignments requiring an aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices
- Maintain and modify applications, make approved changes by amending application, and develop detailed programming logic for coding changes
- Provide ongoing support for application problems and issues
- Documentation as needed
- Assist in discovery and investigation of new tools and technologies to improve speed of delivery and quality of code
- Come hungry to learn something new everyday
Why You Should Apply:
- Top 100 employer in the Northeast Ohio Area for 2017
- Our Client is in a state of unprecedented growth, and new jobs are being created as a result
- State of the art training program (on-the-job)
- Get your hands on cutting edge technology
About Eight Eleven:
- At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
- For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
- Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.