Full stack Web Developer – Guest Outreach
The Guest Engagement program in Retail Engineering aims to enhance the relationship and connectivity between the company and our guests across the entire organization. As a full stack developer on this project, your role will be to not only to maintain the affiliated applications and APIs that support our aims, but also to create enhanced features to the requirements of our various stakeholders.
• You work cross functionally within your scrum team to deliver exceptional results
• You are responsible for R&D, concepting, and estimating solutions in an agile environment
• You keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
• You work with the wider Guest Outreach team to triage and fix critical production issues
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
• A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar discipline, or
equivalent work experience
• 4+ years of applicable development experience
• Be proficient in front-end web technologies such as reactive JS frameworks (specifically Vue.js) to build feature rich web apps as well as SCSS/webpack and other similar pre-processors.
• Experienced building rest APIs using NodeJS.
• Experience building and maintaining SQL like databases.
• Comfortable using CI/CD tools, both in app and using the command line.
• Familiarity with Terraform a bonus.
• Comfortable building, and maintaining containerised web resources using Docker.
• Familiarity with the AWS console and creating AWS lambda functions.
• Experience using AWS resources such as Step Functions, SES, SQS, and DynamoDB a bonus.
• Experience using the Serverless Framework a bonus.
• Experienced with writing and maintaining unit tests, continuous integration, and automation, ideally using Selenium, Mocha, and/or Jade.
• Experience working with REST APIs and integrating 3rd party systems.
• Understanding of creation and distribution of HTML emails is a bonus, but not essential.
• Additionally, experience with both Kotlin and Python are also a bonus.
• Mobile development skills (iOS and Android) are a plus.
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Adaptability is essential; someone who isn't wed to one stack, with a passion for learning and a desire for constant self-improvement
• Ability to work independently producing maintainable and efficient code
• A creative problem solver who is able to draw upon a breadth of knowledge to find simple and succinct solutions.
• Actively live and breathe the company culture and lifestyle
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
• Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
• Energetic and upbeat
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.