Geospatial Services Analyst
Baltimore, MD (Remote for now)
The Work & Asset Management GIS team at one of our largest Fortune 100 Energy clients is actively seeking a Geospatial Services Analyst to support our client’s Enterprise-Wide geospatial applications portfolio. As a Geospatial Services Analyst, you will be part of the team supporting applications that are critical to corporate management of facility data and the geographic positioning of these assets. This is an individual contributor role on a team supporting all our client’s subsequent utilities. The selected Geospatial Services Analyst will be responsible for various aspects of coordinating design, development, testing, and deployment of minor enhancements and maintaining applications within the portfolio.
This role is highly focused on geospatial and related technology platforms, with a concentration on GE’s SmallWorld and ESRI’s GIS applications. You will perform activities relating to coordinating business needs and confirming application architecture, the functionality and reliability of those applications, and ensuring the applications are maintained in accordance with service-level metrics for supporting critical business processes. This includes coordinating and prioritizing activities involving service partners from other support areas.
With an enterprise-wide project in flight to address the GIS strategy for the company, you will also participate as a subject matter expert to the project and ensure legacy system standards are accounted for in the evolving GIS landscape. Additionally, as a nimble team, our client finds it important to be receptive to take on new tasks outside of the routine work to grow and develop new skills. If you are interested in learning more, we encourage to you apply!
· Undergraduate degree in Geographic Information Science (preferred), Information Science, Business, Computer Science or equivalent.
· 1-3 years’ experience in IT or quantitative analytics functions.
· Geographic Information System application knowledge (GE SmallWorld, ESRI a plus).
· Familiarity with enterprise toolsets such as Oracle databases, SQL Developer, FTP, ServiceNow and/or equivalent ITIL-based digital workflows, FME.
· Demonstrates strong work ethic coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Demonstrates strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
· Excellent communications skills – Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
· Broad technical expertise with technical knowledge.
· Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations.
· Understanding of project management principles
· Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
· Ability to work with remote project teams including working with off-shore resources.
· Provide system expertise and/or support for maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions.
· Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
· Coordinate work to be done with application teams.
· Foster a culture of innovation continuously looking for ways to find areas for improvement in process and quality.
· Grow business partnerships through a collaborative problem solving.
· Develop practical, workable, and cost-effective solutions to business problems to satisfy client requirements.
· Maintain and enhance engagement with business, IT partners and other stakeholders.
· Consults and/or actively participates in the management and optimization of computing resources which could involve multiple functional areas.
· Establish positive team environment by proactively engaging in developing yourself and counterparts and improving acumen in IT processes and solution delivery.
· Effectively researches, analyzes, and identifies current and emerging technology trends/products/concepts that can improve the team’s or client’s business process.
· Perform analysis and provide technical recommendation to IT teams and business personnel to meet business/IT needs.
· Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
· Find areas for improvement in process and quality.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision.
What’s in it for you?
· A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 100 company.
· Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.