GIS Systems Analyst
The GIS Systems Analyst is a technical resource with a strong background in management and implementation of operations and control solutions. They provide technical and strategic guidance to ensure that implementation of solutions deliver reliable performance and meet the business needs of TECO. They collaborate on all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) and utilize appropriate development tools and technologies in keeping with our IT architecture.
• ESRI ArcGIS or Intergraph/Hexagon G Technology suite of applications
• C# .NET Framework and Visual Studio development environments
• SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
• High-level Solution and System Architecture
• Development and Design of ETL process to migrate data between dissimilar systems
• Process and Data Flow Analysis
• Business and Technology Gap Analysis
• Detailed design and system interface documents
Optional proficiencies include working knowledge of the following:
• Oracle DBMS
• SAP Utilities Model
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Crystal Reports
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops complex software based on specifications provided. Collaborates with Business Systems Analysts and/or Business Partners to develop software specifications.
· Implements software packages for which in-depth configuration and integration is required; drives substantial interaction with vendor resources.
· Integrates applications with complex interfaces based on specifications provided.
· Provides 24×7 primary and/or secondary support for one or more applications classified as niche, core, or mission-critical.
· Supports the request and analysis phases of SDLC by producing required documentation and estimates; reviews deliverables produced by junior staff.
· Executes the design, development, and implementation phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables; reviews deliverables produced by junior staff.
· Participates on an Application Development and Support team as well as project teams under the direction of their manager or project managers. May function as Technical Lead on any project.
· Acquires and maintains knowledge of business areas relevant to projects and application support assignments.
· Acquires and maintains appropriate technical skills and mentors junior staff. Participates in developing and driving standard practices within their team.
Internal: Interacts with all levels of team members throughout the TECO Energy companies. Frequently interacts with other IT support groups.
External: Interacts with outside consulting firm personnel and software and hardware vendors.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Degree must be from an institution accredited by the Commissions on Colleges
Required: bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent discipline. Experience above minimum may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: At least one professional certification in specific job-related disciplines.
Required for Systems Analyst: Two years of experience in systems analysis, design, and development.
Required for the Senior level: Six years of experience in systems analysis, design, and development.
· Strong knowledge of business software applications and hardware technologies. Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies; suggests application of new technologies when appropriate.
· Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Frequently presents information to their team and department.
· Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts of (Oracle, SQL, C#, VB.net) programming languages and use of developer tools such as (PL/SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio).
· Understands project plans and able to clearly articulate their role, project goals, and timelines. Develops project plans for small projects; partners with Project Managers to develop project plans for large projects.
· Creates and reviews technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture.
· Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
· Proficient in developing Geospatial ETL / Data Integration packages using Safe Software FME or similar software to migrate data between dissimilar systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge of electric utility operations and controls.
· Experience with Enterprise Asset Management (AEM) systems
· Experience with support and integration of Utility Technologies like Intergraph G/Technology, ESRI ArcGIS Utility network models.
· Experience with administering, maintaining ArcGIS Enterprise suite products.
· Design & Develop Web Map Services, Web and Mobile Apps using ArcGIS Portal, Web App builder, Field Maps etc.
· Integrating GIS based applications with Enterprise Service Bus systems like Biztalk.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.