Embedded/Hardware Engineer (C or C++)
12 Month Contract-to-Hire
Brooksource is looking for an Embedded/Hardware Engineer to join the Digital Innovation and R&D Team at our Fortune 500 Retail & Convenience client!
You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who research and innovate on latest technology to create awesome digital products that millions of people experience every day.
You are responsible for exploring cutting-edge technologies and prototyping highly efficient hardware solutions that improve customer experience, enable innovative user experiences, and increase store revenue. Engineers on this team have solid technical background but enjoy learning new languages, technologies, and frameworks. From creating an experimental machine learning prototype to deploying a production-ready backend, engineers here take many hats to see projects to completion.
- Research, prototype, and develop software solutions to solve problems across retail
- Stay up to date with emerging technology and learn new technologies/libraries/frameworks
- Learn and partner with peers across multiple disciplines, such as computer vision, machine learning, and systems design
- Deliver on time with a high bar on quality of research, innovation and engineering
· 3+ years of experience embedded firmware development (C or C++)
· 3+ years of experience with integrated circuit design, prototyping PCBs, and soldering components
· 3+ years of experience with a variety of analog/digital sensors and signals processing techniques
· Experience in communication protocols: WiFi, Bluetooth, RF/NFC, etc.
· Experience with Git Version Control Software for managing source code
· Experience with hardware debugging tools: logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering/Math, or relevant experience
· 2+ years of experience working in an Agile team environment
· Familiarity with Kafka or other data-streaming frameworks
· Familiarity with Python for software development
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.