Hardware Support Technician
On-site in Atlanta, GA
The Hardware Support Technician provides technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a distributed computing environment. assist Infrastructure group; troubleshoot network printer problems; pass more complex end-user problems on to SME Technicians; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve Hardware focused incidents or requests, escalating to other teams throughout IT as needed
- Follow the defined steps in the incident management process to validate, determine symptoms, set impact/urgency, categorize ticket, and escalate if needed
- Tracks, tags, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Provide end user support using an omni-channel approach to ensure effective communication between all impacted parties. (Email/Phone/Chat App/Web App)
- Assists with minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Assists Infrastructure group in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Assist in establishing hardware refresh policies and procedures for tracking assets such as desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and other devices
- Participate in the evaluation of the asset management process
- Work within ServiceNow to document and communicate with end users and across the department
- On-Call support rotation and after-hours support as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on audience (ex: technical and non-technical, peer to executive level)
- Strong familiarity with Windows OS/Mac OS
- Experience with Inventory tracking within and asset management tool
- 1+ Years experience within an IT Support Role
- Basic PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Ability to learn new computer and application technologies
- Experience providing IT Support to multiple work locations
- Strong work ethic, adherence to deadlines, and ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, attention to detail, and organizations
- Inability to tolerate stagnation, always needing to improve and develop
- A passion for technology, emerging technology and staying up to date on industry trends
Standard office environment, usually indoors away from the elements with moderate noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Maintain a stationary position for extended periods; move about the office, operate computers and files, as needed; and frequently communicate with others. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally, the employee is required to lift boxes up to 20 pounds.
Multiple Shift Options
After hours support as needed.
Some travel will be required for the purpose of site visits, setting up new facilities, meeting with vendors, meeting with suppliers, etc
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.