Help Desk Technician
$20-25/hr. Dependent on Experience
As the Help Desk Technician for our Government Client, you will provide help desk and desk-side services to staff in various locations around the state. Maintaining a customer focus is essential and the incumbent will need to be able to triage problems, troubleshoot issues and work with users and staff at all levels to quickly and efficiently resolve support requirements.
The consultant will be expected to work with various hardware including Dell, HP and Lenovo.
Microsoft Windows 7/10 is the base client operating system. Office 2013/Office365 is the standard desktop productivity package. Systems are loaded with an image and controlled through group policies.
Maintaining good customer relations while triaging and resolving issues is key.
· A minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge
· and skills:
· PC Hardware and software troubleshooting and imaging
· End user support – face to face, remote control and via telephone
· Familiarity with Windows operating systems and Active Directory
· Experience with Windows 10 support
· Experience with Office 365 support
· Excellent customer service skills
- Assist to agency staff in solving computer issues.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes proactive escalation of problems, flaws and risks to upper management before serious impact on ROI.
- Coordinates with the other analysts on issues dealing with matters that cross domains and have dependencies. Defines, Documents and communicates with entire team.
- Process Security and IT equipment requests
- Interface with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Ensures that all documentation libraries and artifacts are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Communicate key insights and findings to team
What’s In It For You?
- Ability to make impactful decisions for the organization and support business essential employees.
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether, it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent work, we customize our search based upon your company’s unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.