Help Desk, Level II
Location: O’Fallon, IL (Fully Remote)
Minimum Clearance: Secret
Superlative Technologies (DBA SuprTEK) is seeking a full-time, experienced, and motivated Help Desk Level II support team member for the Global Air Transportation Execution system (GATES) Help Desk. The Help Desk team supports the worldwide 24×7 operations of the RGATES and DGATES machines, 20 auxiliary Windows servers at 19 GATES aerial ports and the central site. The team installs GATES patches and upgrades along with Oracle patches and hotfixes and assists GATES users with resolving trouble tickets assigned to Level 2 and records all actions in Remedy (trouble ticketing system) to ensure trends can be tracked and corrected. Individuals will provide on-call technical and operational support for GATES end users.
- Support worldwide 24×7 operations of the GATES webservers, as well as monitor Oracle, and Apache servers
- Install GATES patches, upgrades, and hotfixes along with quarterly Oracle patches.
- Provide on-call technical and operational support.
- Assist users with resolving trouble tickets assigned to Level 2 and record all actions in Remedy to ensure trends can be tracked and corrected.
Qualified candidates will have:
- An Associate’s degree, or the equivalent years of experience working in the related technical field.
- One to two years of related work experience.
- A minimum of an active SECRET security clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Experience administering Windows desktops and servers.
- Experience with Unix systems, including Linux.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and present ideas and results in oral and written format.
- The ability to apply their expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- The ability to show latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- The ability to contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Excellent technical and communication skills for this important position.
Preferred candidates will have:
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- Experience supporting client/server applications on Windows.
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience in Remedy
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.